Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work (Part 1)

There are days when I wake up, look at the clock and wonder "how can I even motivate myself to wake up this early?"

Putting on the same black tattered slacks and stained wrinkled blue shirt, slipping my name badge into my pocket, I contemplate my current situation. Out of school, trying to save money to afford living in general along with saving to go to school. I always find it interesting that to go to school, you need money. And to get money from a well-paying job, you need to go to school. Very interesting indeed. But that's besides the point.

A fifteen-minute walk to the bus station, listening to an eclectic mix of rap, reggae, rock, drum and bass, etc. Dreaming of doing battle with all of these same songs as background music. Normal nerd stuff.

Ride on the train... doing pretty much the same thing. I happen to bring my rubik's cube this time and I notice some of the fellow commuters eying my hands, twitching with each jagged turn of the sides. It's an easy way to get popular.

Complain, complain, complain. That's all I do. I've noticed. Complain about walking. Complain about food. Complain about roommate. Complain about work. Complain about life. If complaining were a novel, I think I would be writing my own version of Crime and Punishment. Whoops, it's going to rain. Forgot my umbrella. Today's gonna be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment